body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/1abackdamaskgrungeaqua3col.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

About Me

My photo
I am a Sociology major with a year left to go in college! I hope to be a mom and a family and marriage therapist someday. I am married to the sweetest boy in the world, my 8th grade sweetheart, Adam. We have two dogs, Lady and Fritz, and a cat named Dwight. I am simple and complicated all at the same time depending on who you ask. I am hard headed and have an opinion about most things but I am also sweet and a notorious people-pleaser! I love my mom and my dad and my sister and her family. I love country style and modern ideas. This little bit of info is not doing it all justice but it will just have to do for now!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Decorating/Art Projects!

Okay so everybody that I've been following (primarily The Stories A-Z and A Vintage Diva) has gotten me in the creative mood! I want to start painting and just creating my own art. I have no idea how any of it will turn out but it'll be mine. I hate generic stuff. It makes my home feel impersonal. I have a taste for antique and country-styled stuff. Here are some of the ideas for projects I've come up with.

1. I want to paint something for the kitchen. Maybe a spoon and fork pattern with a lace background (I do at least feel confident in using lace as a stencil).

2. I love the idea from A Vintage Diva of old white plates. I think I want to do some stenciling on some of them in blue to match my kitchen.

3. This is going to be the most tricky. I want to do a painting for my bedroom for over the bed. I don't want to do anything generic or flowers or hearts so I think I might monogram (again with stenciling or lace!).

4. I need to figure out something to fill the enormous space of wall in my bathroom. I don't want to put a painting in there so I'm up for suggestions. Maybe some sort of iron rod or collage. Maybe I'll put another towel hanger there and just make some really cute hand towels to match my towels.

5. Painting for the living room. A big painting. I wish I could paint my dogs but I am not even gonna attempt that one! I know I want fall colors... that's all I know.

So I look forward to doing and posting these projects! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you create! Your blog is precious....hang in there....you will find alot of support here! I appreciate your kind words about my humble little blogging of which I have only done faithfully about two months. I am sooooooo still learning!
    Now post girl post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking how neat some eating utensils would be hanging out in my breakfast room after I saw this post: http://justcallmechris.blogspot.com/2010/03/silhouette-step-by-step.html. Now you've got me thinking about adding a pattern to it. Definitely post up your creation! Sound like some fun plans!

    ReplyDelete